Applications are being accepted for the OWSD Postgraduate Training Fellowships for Women Scientists from Sub-Saharan Africa and Least Developed Countries (LDCs) at Centres of Excellence in the South.
The OWSD fellowship is awarded to women scientists from Sub-Saharan Africa and Least Developed Countries (LDCs) to pursue a PhD at a centre of excellence in the South in a field of the natural sciences.
Applications are accepted from female scientists in all branches of the natural sciences.
- To improve access to educational and training opportunities in science and technology for young and talented women graduates from Sub-Saharan Africa and LDCs.
- To increase the scientific productivity and creativity of women scientists in Sub-Saharan Africa and LDCs.
- To empower a new generation of talented women to assume a leadership role in science and technology and their application to sustainable development.
- The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China. For a full list of CAS institutes see ;
- The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS), China,;
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia, . Departments/schools of natural sciences are eligible;
- Rhodes University, South Africa, . Departments/schools of natural sciences are eligible;
- University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa, . Departments/schools of natural sciences are eligible;
- i-Themba Labs, South Africa, . i-Themba Labs specialize in materials science, applied medical science, biotechnology, biophysics, radiobiology, radiophysics, radiopharmaceutics, accelerators based sciences, nuclear sciences and nanosciences.
List of Least Developed Countries (LDC)
Deadline for submission of applications is 31 July 2012
Please quote Scholarization.blogspot.com on your application when applying for this scholarship