The Government of the Republic of Macedonia announces the Call for Applications for scholarships at the University of Information Science and Technology "Saint Paul the Apostle" in Ohrid, Macedonia. The scholarships will be awarded to outstanding students from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Cameron, China (People's Republic of), Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Turkey, India, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Qatar, Poland, Romania,Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, United Republic of Tanzania, Tunisia, Ukraine, United States of America and Vietnam wishing to pursue under-graduate studies for the academic year 2011/2012 in the following programmes: (1) Communication Networks and Security; (2) Computer Science and Engineering; (3) Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation; (4) Information Theory and Analysis and (5) Machine Intelligence and Robotics. One full scholarship will be awarded to a candidate from each of the eligible countries.
- the scholarships will be awarded for under-graduate studies for one of the above mentioned programmes;
- the Programme Outline and Course Overview are included in the annexes of this Call and are also available on the website of the University:http://www.uist.edu.mk/faculties.htm;
- the study language of the programmes is English. The courses are held by distinguished international lecturers;
- the scholarships cover the following: full cost of the tuition fees; visa and residence permit fees (proof of good health condition and immunization chart might be required); return air fare from the applicant's home country; accommodation and food (full board) in the University dorm "Nikola Karev" in Ohrid, Macedonia, health insurance and additional monthly allowance of 5000 MKD (approximately 82 EUR);
- in case the applicants do not hold an international certificate for English proficiency or have studies in English language, the knowledge in English language will be examined by authorized representatives from the University;
- the selection process will be implemented by a five member committee appointed by the Minister for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia;
- applicants who have not completed their high school education by 01 May 2011 may receive a conditional offer for admission pending their high school diploma. Successful applicants must finalise their high school studies and submit their transcript and diploma no later than 01 August 2011.
- the successful applicants will sign a contract with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia. The scholarship will provide the funds for the fist academic year and will be extended annually based on the satisfactory progress of the student, as determined by the University, until the end of the studies;
- the students will be encouraged to return to their home country after the completion of their studies;
- additional information about the University and the programmes is provided on the website of the University of Information Science and Technology "Saint Paul the Apostle": http://www.uist.edu.mk/. General information about the City of Ohrid, the UNSECO protected city that hosts the University can be found at:http://www.exploringmacedonia.com/.
- application Form with passport-sized photography attached;
- one academic letter of recommendation from a high school teacher; one personal letter of recommendation from a person testifying the applicant's skills and abilities. Both letters are confidential. In case they are sent by hard copy, the documents must be sent in a sealed envelope, signed by the referee across the seal. In case they are sent online, the documents must be e-mailed by the referee himself/herself with subject stating the applicant's name;notarized copy of the high school diploma or certificate (translated into English language);
- notarized copy of transcripts showing the obtained grades for each high school year (translated into English language);
- proof of English proficiency (In case the applicants do not hold an international certificate for English proficiency or have studies in English language, the knowledge in English langue will be examined by authorized representatives from the University before the admission is confirmed );
Application can be submitted in hard copy to the appropriate Ministry of Education of the applicant's home country, in electronic version with attached scanned copies of the required documents to the following e-mail: email@example.com or an electronic version of the application can be completed on the following website:http://www.mon.gov.mk/.
Please quote Scholarization.blogspot.com on your application when applying for this scholarship