Overview 5. Qualifications: Prospective applicant must meet the following qualification criteria; 6. Scholarship Benefits 7. Required Documents 8. Application Deadline: Set forth by the Korean Embassy or Consulate 9. Selection Procedures NOTES (regarding application for admission to a university) 10. Other Important things 11. Contact
2012-2013 Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students for an Undergraduate Degree. Korean government invites 100 international students from 62 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor's degree in Korea. To be selected as a KGSP grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean embassies (or Consulates) of his or her origin. So to apply for the program, please contact the 1st selection organizations to get detailed information on the 1st selection process such as application deadline and required documents, etc.
* Application deadline may differ from one country to another; it will be expected to fall in late September or early October. As for the application guideline, please refer to the attached files.
The objective of the Korean Government Scholarship Program for an undergraduate degree is to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between the countries.
2. Total Number of Scholarships Available: 100 [from 62 countries]
Afghanistan 1, Angola 2, Azerbaijan 1, Bangladesh 3, Bolivia 2, Brazil 2, Brunei 1, Bulgaria 1, Butan 1, Cambodia 2, Chile 1, Colombia 3, Congo(DRC) 1, Dominica 2, Egypt 1, El Salvador 1, Ethiopia 3, Gabon 1, Ghana 2, Guatemala 1, Indonesia 2, Iran 2, Japan 2, Kazakhstan 2, Kenya 2, Kuwait 1, Kyrgyzstan 2, Laos 2, Malaysia 1, Mexico 2, Mongolia 3, Mozambique 1, Myanmar 1, Nepal 3, Nigeria 2, Oman 1, Pakistan 2, Panama 2, Paraguay 2, Peru 3, Philippines 2, Poland 1, Romania 2, Rwanda 1, Russia 2, Saudi Arabia 1, Senegal 1, Singapore 1, South Africa 1, Sri Lanka 3, Sweden 1, Tajikistan 1, Tanzania 1, Thailand 1, Timor-Este 1, Turkey 1, Uganda 1, Ukraine 2, Uzbekistan 2, Venezuela 1, Vietnam 2, Yemen 1
3. Academic Programs: Undergraduate degree course (4 yrs.) after preliminary Korean Language course (1yr.)
Grantees should take a preliminary Korean language course at the institution designated by NIIED. The institution will be specified in a letter of invitation after the announcement of final successful candidates.
Grantees should reach level 3 in TOPIK after the completion of a Korean language course.
The grantees with level 5 or higher in TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) can be exempt from the preliminary Korean language course. They may begin their bachelor’s degree course in the coming spring or fall semester.
4. Fields of Study: 4-year undergraduate degree programs provided by the universities below
* 2012 KGSP-U Application Guidelines (Final).doc (786 KByte),
* 2012 KGSP-U_FAQ.doc (147 KByte),
* 2012 KGSP-U AVAILABLE UNIVERSITIES(fields of study).xls (653 KByte),
* 2012 KGSP-U APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION (책자).pdf (32,311 KByte),
Please quote Scholarization.blogspot.com on your application when applying for this scholarship
5. Qualifications: Prospective applicant must meet the following qualification criteria;
6. Scholarship Benefits
7. Required Documents
8. Application Deadline: Set forth by the Korean Embassy or Consulate
9. Selection Procedures
NOTES (regarding application for admission to a university)
10. Other Important things