- 1. Citizens of Lao P.D.R.;
- 2. Between the age of 22 and 39 as of April 1, 2012;
- 3. Must be currently employed in the Target Organizations with permanent status andhas at least 2 years of work experience in the Target Organization in duties particularly related to the selected Sub-Program/ Component, at the time of application;
- 4. Has bachelor's degree (applicants for Nagoya University must have bachelor's degree in laws);
- 5. Has a good command of both written and spoken English (TOEFL score of 500 or higher is preferred);
- 6. Following persons cannot apply;
- a. Those who are currently awarded or scheduled to receive another scholarship.
- b. Those who have already taken a master's degree in a foreign country under any kind of scholarship.
- c. Those who studied abroad for more than 1 year under any scholarship and returned to Lao P.D.R. during past 2 years (at least stay in Lao P.D.R. from 2009 till current).
- d. Military personnel registered on the active list or person on alternative military service.
Application & Selection Procedures
1. Promotion Seminar
*Scheduled in August in Vientiane. The details to be updated.
2. Application Deadline
to the department in charge of JDS program at each Target Organization.
Applicants must be officially nominated by JDS Target Organization.
Late submission and incomplete application documents shall NOT be accepted.
3. Selection Schedule (Tentative)
- October 8, 2011: English and Basic Mathematics Examination
- Oct - Nov 2011: First Selection (Screening of Application Documents) by University
- Early December 2011: Second Selection (Interview) by Accepting University
- Mid January 2012: Third Selection (Interview) by JDS Operating Committee Members
- February 2012: Announcement of the Final Successful Candidates
- Jul-Aug 2012: Pre-departure Orientation in Vientiane (mandatory)
- Late August 2012: Departure for Japan
Download of Application Guideline and Application Documents
Please refer to the Application Guideline and submit a full set of Application Documentsby the deadline.
1. Application Guideline
- 1. Application Guideline
2. Application Documents
- 1. Application Form
- 2. Annex : Reference Letter from Employer
- 3. Questionnaire on Medical History and Present Health Condition
- 4. Questionnaire on Source of information
- 5. Official Nomination Letter
- 6. Resident Certificate for Lao P.D.R.
- 7. Registration Form
- 8. Checklist of Application Documents to be Submitted
» If you download all application documents, please click here.
Every applicant is expected to submit a concrete research plan upon application.
Thus, it is highly recommended to explain that the objective of the research plan be essential to the development of Lao P.D.R., and to rationalize how the study will be addressed in accordance with the career path, corresponding to the current position in the organization.
It is also recommended to study 'Accepting University' to make sure if the university has curriculums and faculty members relevant to your research plan.
Remember that plagiarize from somebody's work or websites are strongly prohibited.
Please refer to 'Guideline for Writing a Research Plan' in the Application Guidelinefor more information.
English & Math Exam
Every qualified applicant will be required to take English proficiency test (ITP-TOEFL) ,as well as math test (except for those applying for Nagoya University) in Vientiane on October 8, 2011.
TOEFL consists 3 parts with 'Listening Comprehension (50 questions)' for 40 minutes, 'Structure and Written Expression (40 questions)' for 25 minutes, and 'Reading Comprehension (50 questions)' for 55 minutes.
Math test of around 60 minutes consists of Arithmetic operations, Solving fractions, Equations, Inequality, Matrix, Basic quadratic functions, Basic operations of exponential and logarithmic functions, Basic Integral and Differentiation, etc.
The scores will be used as reference purpose on the 1st selection by the accepting universities. Universities may require the applicants to have good command of English skill (TOEFL score of 500 or higher) and numeracy skills. Please prepare yourself for the exams.
c/o Laos-Japan Human Resource Development Institute,
National University of Laos,
Dong Dok Campus, Vientiane, Lao P.D.R.
TEL: 856-21-740926 FAX: 856-21-740936
Office Hours: Mon to Fri 8:30 to 12:00, 13:30 to 17:00
*JICE is an agent of the JDS program under the contract with Ministry of Education of Lao P.D.R.
Please quote Scholarization.blogspot.com on your application when applying for this scholarship