Applications are welcome from qualified persons without regard to nationality, gender, or race.
How to Apply
Applications for the next class of Academy Scholars are due October 1each year. There is no application form. The following materials are required for a complete application:
- a current curriculum vitae, including a list of publications (include 3 copies)
- a statement of the applicant's proposed research—usually, preparing the dissertation for publication or completion—including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work (no more than 10 pages double-spaced; include 3 copies)
- an official copy of each graduate transcript
- three letters of recommendation
- a cover letter which succinctly states the applicant's academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed or actual research topic (include 3 copies)
Please do not staple materials. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Finalists will be invited to Cambridge for interviews with the Senior Scholars on Friday, December 9, 2011.
Application materials should be mailed to:
The Academy Scholars Program
Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies
Weatherhead Center for International Affairs
1727 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
All materials must be received by October 1. The selection process begins immediately thereafter. Applicants whose materials are late or incomplete are at a disadvantage when considered by the Selection Committee. Announcement of the awards will be made in January.
For additional information contact:
Kathleen Hoover, Program Coordinator
Laurence H. Winnie, Executive Officer
Phone: (617) 495-2137
http://www.wcfia.harvard.edu/academy/index.html | posted in scholarization.blogspot.com
Please quote Scholarization.blogspot.com on your application when applying for this scholarship