The African Development Bank (AfDB) Group’s mission is to help reduce poverty, improve living conditions for Africans and mobilize resources for the continent’s economic and social development. With this objective in mind, the institution aims at assisting African countries – individually and collectively - in their efforts to achieve sustainable economic development and social progress. Combating poverty is at the heart of the continent’s efforts to attain sustainable economic growth. To this end, the Bank seeks to stimulate and mobilize internal and external resources to promote investments as well as provide its regional member countries with technical and financial assistance.
The institution’s greatest assets are its human resources which come from a wide geographic area. The Bank is an equal opportunity employer and firmly believes that recruitment from a wide geographical and cultural spectrum enriches the institution with varied talents, experiences and skills that will enhance the quality of human resources management and ultimately the realization of the Bank’s mission of reducing poverty across the continent.
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
- Be students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. The candidate can apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment.
- Be citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Be fluent in, at least, one of the Bank’s working languages (English or French).
- A comprehensive CV and a cover letter.
- Copy of the latest Degree or equivalent or
- A recommendation letter from the academic institution they are currently attending.
- A brief description of the program or the topic (thesis or dissertation) to be prepared during the internship (when applicable).
Duration / Timing / Location of Internship
The timing for the 2012 program is as follows:
- Winter - Session I: January through March 2012. Application period from 1st July 2011 to 30th September 2011 (closed).
- Summer - Session II: June through August 2012. Application period from 1st December 2011 to 28th February 2012
Terms and Conditions
Human Resources Management Department
P.O. Box 323-1002 Tunis-Belvedere, Tunisia
FAX: (+216) 71 83 14 72 or E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote Scholarization.blogspot.com on your application when applying for this scholarship