The University can at any time exclude applicants lacking admission requirements. This measure will be communicated to the party concerned by e-mail.
Art. 3 – HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the competition must be filled in exclusively through the online procedure available at: http://unipd.cineca.it/foreignstudents within 10.00 a.m. of the deadline date (5 September 2011).
The online form must be printed, signed and must arrive together with a copy of a valid ID at the following address by 5 September 2011 (deadline date):
Università degli Studi di Padova
Servizio Formazione alla Ricerca
via 8 febbraio, 2
35122 Padova, Italy
The date of the postmark will not be accepted as an evidence of meeting the application deadline.
Applications and documents arriving after the deadline will not be considered.
In order to fill in the online form applicants must obtain a username and a password then they must fill in the application form by clicking on „Enter? (see annex 2 for the guidelines for the completion of the application form).
In the application form candidates must declare, under their own responsibility, along with any other information considered relevant:
- personal data, date and place of birth, place of residence and the address chosen for the purpose of the competition;
- academic degree, with an indication of when and from which university it was awarded;
- the Doctoral School/International Course and the chosen curricula they are applying for.
Moreover candidates must:
- specify their knowledge of Italian or English;
- write or attach their research plan;
- specify the names and the email addresses of the professors or experts who will write the letters of reference. These letters must be written by professors or experts who have supervised candidates in their studies and research. The requests to fill in the reference letters are sent by the candidate through the online procedure and the reference letters are filled in electronically by the professors/experts;
- attach the scanned copies of the certificates of the academic qualification with the list of the examinations and the marks. If these certificates are written in a language different from Italian or English, an Italian or English translation must also be attached.
Finally candidates can:
- specify their education, research and work experiences;
- attach or write an abstract of their thesis (if a thesis was written in order to achieve the degree);
- specify any additional information complementary to the data provided in the application that will be helpful for the assessment of their candidacy;
- attach any other qualification that should be taken into account (e.g. research papers and publications, language knowledge certificates etc.).
The application must be filled in Italian or English.
All the attached documents must be in Italian or English or accompanied by a translation in Italian or English
Completed on-line application forms must be printed and signed. A label will be automatically printed together with the application form; this label must be used for the mailing or the delivery of the application.
Signed application forms must arrive by post at the abovementioned address by 5 September 2011, otherwise exclusion from competition will result.
Candidates can apply for only one Doctoral School/International Course among the ones listed in Annex 1 – List of Doctoral Schools and International Doctoral Courses. In case of several curricula within one School, the candidates have to choose at most three of them, stating priorities.
We inform applicants that for the academic year 2011/2012, the list of the Doctoral Schools/International Courses is provisional as it has not been approved by the Academic Bodies of the University yet. Application forms will be accepted only for those Doctoral Schools/International Courses that will be approved.
The Università di Padova is not responsible for any lost communication due to inexact addresses or missing or late notice of change of address on behalf of the candidate, or for any postal, cable or e-mail mishaps which are not due to the University.
Art. 4 – EVALUATION COMMITTEE
The Evaluation committee will be appointed by the Rector according to art. 5 of D.M. 224 of 30.04.1999.
Art. 5 – EVALUATION PROCEDURE
The relevant body of each School/International Course will decide on the equivalence of the Academic degree of each candidate and will provide the Evaluation Committee (see art. 4) with a non-mandatory opinion on the academic qualification of the candidates for their admission to the School/International Course.
Subsequently the candidates who have obtained the equivalence of their degree will be selected by the Evaluation Committee on the basis of a comparative evaluation.
The evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Educational and professional curriculum: max 70 points
- Letters of reference: max 30 points
Only those applicants who obtain at least 70/100 will be included in the final list.
Art. 6 – FINAL LIST FOR THE ADMISSION OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES TO THE COURSES
The final list for the admission of the successful candidates is approved by the Rector by a decree. This list will be made public within 21 October 2011 by means of:
- the publication on the ‘albo ufficiale di Ateneo’ (official University register);
- the publication on University of Padua?s website: http://www.unipd.it/unipdWAR/page/unipd_en/research_en1/en_6_3_P2
Candidates will be admitted to the chosen Doctoral School/International Course according to the order of the final pass list. Successful candidates will receive a communication by e-mail.
Successful candidates must confirm their will to enrol within the 28 October 2011 by sending a communication: by fax to the number +39 049 8271934 (a copy of a valid ID document must be attached) or by e-mail (email@example.com) with a scanned copy of a valid ID document.
In the communication they will have to confirm the choice of the Doctoral School/International Course and of the curriculum (if any).
Successful candidates who do not confirm their choice within 28 October 2011 will be considered as renouncing their positions. The places available for replacement will be assigned according to the final list. The eligible candidates will be contacted directly by Servizio Formazione alla Ricerca by e-mail.
On their arrival in Italy, successful candidates who have confirmed their intention to enrol must complete the enrolment procedure by presenting the following documents to Università di Padova – Servizio formazione alla ricerca, located in via del Risorgimento 9, Padova:
- enrolment application form for the Doctoral School/international Course;
- photocopy of a valid identity document;
- legalization of the academic degree or copy of the request of legalization submitted to the embassy/consulate;
- “dichiarazione di valore in loco” (statement of value);
- two passport-size photos.
Art. 7 – SCHOLARSHIPS
The amount of the scholarship is 13.638,47 € per year (gross amount).
The scholarship is subject to social security contribution.
The amount of the scholarship is increased by 50% for periods of study abroad excluding the official country of residence. For periods of study abroad students must have the approval of the Doctoral Council of the School/International Course.
Scholarships are paid by monthly instalments. The first instalment is paid the month following the actual beginning of the course.
Scholarships are subject to the general terms and conditions specified in annex 2.
Art. 8 – BOARD AND LODGING
During the 3-year doctoral programme (2012-2014), the winners will be offered full board and lodging at the ESU – Azienda Regionale per il Diritto allo Studio Universitario.
The connected charges will be covered by the Università degli Studi di Padova through the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo.
Art. 9 – ATTENDANCE FEES
Successful candidates will be exempted from paying attendance fees. The connected charges will be covered by the Università degli Studi di Padova through the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo.
Art. 10 – DOCTORAL STUDENTS’ DUTIES
Doctoral students must carry out regularly the activities pertinent to their approved research plan and, at the end of each year, they must present a report regarding the activities performed to the Doctoral Council of the School/International Course. At the end of the three-year programme, they will also have to present a Doctoral thesis with original contributions.
The relevant body of the School/International Course decides about the admission to the following year on the basis of the evaluation of the work performed by the doctoral student. The relevant body of the School/International Course may, with a justified decision, suggest to the Rector the exclusion of the student from the Doctoral School/international Course.
Art. 11 – ATTAINMENT OF THE DEGREE
The degree of “Dottore di ricerca” is attained once the final exam has been passed. This exam can be repeated, but once only. This exam consists of a discussion with the candidate on his/her thesis.
The evaluation committees of the final exam are formed and nominated according to the University?s Regulations.
Art. 12 – REFERENCE LAWS
For any matters which are not mentioned in this competition refer to:
- art. 4 of Law n. 210 dated 03.07.1998;
- DM n. 224 dated 30.04.1999 – Regolamento in materia di Dottorato di Ricerca;
- DR 1179 dated 19.05.2005 – Regulations regarding the Doctoral Schools of the University of Padua – and successive modifications;
- DR 1460 dated 21.07.1999 – Regulations regarding the Doctoral Courses of the University of Padua – and successive modifications;
- Specific Regulations of each Doctoral School/International Course.
Art. 13 – PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
In accordance with to D.Lgs 196/03, the data supplied will be dealt with on paper or in electronic form according to the dispositions stated and only for those procedures for which they have been required, and they will be used only to this end.
Art. 14 – FINAL PROVISIONS
In accordance with art.5 of Law n. 241 dated 07.08.1990 and successive modifications and integrations, the Official in charge of this procedure is Mrs Donatella Martella – Head of Servizio Formazione alla Ricerca – Università degli Studi di Padova.
This announcement is available on the web site of Università degli Studi di Padova: http://www.unipd.it/unipdWAR/page/unipd_en/research_en1/en_6_3_P2
Any change or addition to this announcement will be made public through:
- posting on the ‘albo ufficiale di Ateneo’ (official University register);
- publication on the University of Padua?s website: http://www.unipd.it/unipdWAR/page/unipd_en/research_en1/en_6_3_P2
Further information and detailed instructions can be obtained from:
Università di Padova – Servizio Formazione alla Ricerca
Mrs. Katia Milan (+39 049 8271870)
Mrs. Sara Fedel (+39 049 8271868)
fax +39 049 8271934
Please quote Scholarization.blogspot.com on your application when applying for this scholarship